Committee Nominations 2018-19
These are the nominations for the 2018-19 DHPC Committee Roles. If you would like to be nominated to join the Committee, send us an email stating which Role you are applying for, and we will add you to the voting list.
The Club will be holding it’s Annual General Meeting at the Ship Inn, Leighton Buzzard on Friday, 23 February 2018 from 7pm -10.30pm.
A major part of the AGM is to elect a new Committee to run the club. Unfortunately, no Committee also means NO FLYING (for everyone)! For the AGM, we need 25+ Full (Dunstable) members to attend and elect a Committee.
The current Committee positions are:
- Chairman (Miles Radcliffe - prepared to stand again) - Nominees: Miles Radcliffe
- Safety Officer (Ian Hopcraft - standing down) - Nominees: Christopher Tracey
- Secretary (Jeremy Hine - prepared to stand again) - Nominees: Jeremy Hine
- Treasurer (Lisa Wood - prepared to stand again) - Nominees: Lisa Wood
- Senior Coach (Richard Greaves - prepared to stand again) - Nominees: Richard Greaves
- Membership Secretary (Tony Aldhous stood down in December ) Nominees: Richard Greaves
- Technical Officer (Andy Churchard - standing down) - Nominees: James Dell
- Dunstable Site Liaison (Jeremy Hine - prepared to stand again) - Nominees: Jeremy Hine
- Sharpenhoe Site Liaison (Cris Kent - standing down) - Nominees: Vacant
- Chinnor Site Liaison (Ian Conway - prepared to stand again) - Nominees: Ian Conway
To vote by email - this has now CLOSED
Click on the Name of the Nominee (in orange) that you wish to vote for. Only click on one name per Committee post. Please add your "Full Name" to the email. Remember, you can vote for all posts, but only once!
The deadline for voting, when all votes must be submitted by is: Noon on Thursday, 22 February 2018
This year we have only one nomination for each of the various roles, therefore at the AGM the stated Nominee may be elected to the new 2018-19 Committee. We leave it up to you if you wish to send in an email vote.
BHPA Guidelines: The first four main posts (above) MUST be filled each year and voted in by Club members for the DHPC to remain as a Registered Club with the BHPA. They are; Chairman, Safety Officer, Secretary and Treasurer. If we do not have these four main roles in place, the Club has to be dissolved, and all flying ceases at our sites!
As a Committee, we meet roughly every 2 months in the evening at a local venue and we are quite flexible with dates. If you would like to know more, please email the Committee: email@example.com
What we need you to do:
- Attend the AGM. Book your place at the AGM by responding to the club email sent to all members, or by visiting the DHPC Groupspaces page at: http://groupspaces.com/DHPC/calendar/
- Nominees. If you wish to stand for one of the Committee posts as indicated above, Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email Voting. If you cannot attend the AGM, please email your votes for any Committee posts by clicking on the Nominees Name (in orange) in the listing above. Please add your Full Name to the email. Remember, you can vote for all posts, but only once!
Other AGM Information
Nominations for the Committee posts are listed above.
Only Full Members can vote, either in person at the AGM or by email voting. Limited Members are not allowed to vote.
Any other proposals for the AGM must be submitted, by email, to the Committee no later than the: 7th February 2018.
An agenda for the AGM will be sent out on the: 9th February 2018.
We appreciate your support.
Miles Radcliffe (Chairman DHPC)