Full Membership (£20)
Allows Full Members to fly at Dunstable Downs, Sharpenhoe, Chinnor and Holmbeck Farm. All Full Members are required to pass the Airspace Briefing before flying at Dunstable Downs.
Limited Membership (£5)
Allows Limited Members to ONLY fly Sharpenhoe, Chinnor and Holmbeck Farm, but not Dunstable Downs. Limited Members do NOT require the Airspace Briefing.
Joining the DHPC for the first time, there are two steps required.
1. Join 'GroupSpaces' by clicking the button below and complete the Application Form. When completed, you will be able to sign-in to your 'GroupSpaces' account using your email and chosen Password. ('your name' should be displayed top right of your Browser window when you are signed-in).
Please remember your chosen Password, you will need it to renew your membership each year!
2. Click the button below to go to the DHPC 'GroupSpaces' payment page and pay the appropriate Full Membership (£20) or Limited Membership (£5) subscription. Please make sure that you have signed-in to your 'GroupSpaces' account, using your email and chosen password - BEFORE paying.
IMPORTANT - PLEASE NOTE!
Please DO NOT try to make payment unless you have already joined GroupSpaces by clicking the 'Join GroupSpaces' button and filling in the application form. You MUST join GroupSpaces first and sign in BEFORE making payment!
- If you try to pay before joining GroupSpaces your payment will NOT get allocated to your membership, and it will fail to go through.
- If you have previously registered with GroupSpaces just add the DHPC to your 'Group' list, then make payment.
- If you join GroupSpaces but do not make immediate payment to join the DHPC, you have 10 days in which to do so, before your application is deleted.
- You will only get a confirmation approval email once your payment has gone through.
NOTE: Your membership of the DHPC will not be approved by a Group Manager until you have COMPLETED YOUR PAYMENT!
If you have joined GroupSpaces but not paid the Club Membership Fee you are NOT a member of the DHPC until you do so. You will only receive a confirmation email and your Membership Card once you have paid the Membership Fee.
Pay your yearly membership subscription by clicking on the button below. Sign-in to your existing GroupSpaces account by using your original email & chosen password, and select the appropriate Membership subscription.
You do not have to rejoin GroupSpaces with a fresh account everytime your subscription is due. Just login with the same password you used to set up your original GroupSpaces account when you first joined the Club.
If you pay via Standing Order: If your Club Membership is paid by Standing Order, your Bank will automatically pay your yearly subscription on or around the 1st April each year. You do not have to set up another Standing Order each year.
However, if your pay via Bank Transfer / PayPal, Credit / Debit Card or by Cheque, you must pay your membership fee each year when the subscription is due (before 1st April).
All Members must be a minimum of BHPA Club Pilot (Hill) Rated, and they will be issued with a lifetime helmet Airspace Sticker (BEFORE flying at Dunstable Downs for the first time) to show that they have completed the mandatory Airspace Briefing.
Sharpenhoe & Chinnor
All Members must be a minimum of BHPA Pilot (Hill) Rated and should receive a site briefing from a DHPC Club member before flying for the first time. Both these sites are technically difficult to fly and therefore we have limited them to (P) Pilot rated members only.
Holmbeck Farm is a private airfield for Powered Paragliders & Hang-gliders. Members must be a minimum of BHPA Club Pilot (Power) rated and should receive an airfield briefing from a DHPC club member or the airfield owner before flying at this airfield.
If you have just joined the Club as a Full Member (£20) and you wish to fly at Dunstable Downs, you should now email the Lead Coach to arrange for the Airspace Briefing. These are usually held at The Chilterns Gateway Centre on Dunstable Downs on weekend mornings, and summer evenings as notified on our Club Facebook page.
Please do not turn up unannounced at Dunstable Downs and expect an Airspace Brief (especially midweek), as you will have totally wasted your journey, and you will NOT be able to fly. All briefings must be arranged in advance by contacting the Lead Coach, click the relevant button below. An Airspace Briefing document (PDF) can also be downloaded by clicking the other button below.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are a NEW Member joining the Club for the first time between the 1st January and the 31st March - Read below:
New members that join in the last three months of the DHPC membership year (1st January - 31st March) will have their memberships carried forward to the following year, effectively giving you up to 15 months membership for the price of 12.
For example: if you join the club on the 1st January 2017, your Club Membership expires on the 31st March 2018.Your yearly Club Membership Card also has your membership expiry date printed on it.
Please also note: Club Membership reminder emails are sent out automatically each year to ALL club members during March 2017. You can ignore these reminders (this year) as your membership is valid until 2018. You do NOT have to pay again until March/April 2018.
- PayPal: you can pay online using your PayPal account, Full Membership £20 or Limited Membership £5.
- Credit Card / Debit Card: you can pay online with your Debit or Credit Card, Full Membership £20 or Limited Membership £5.
- Cheque: you can pay by sending a Cheque (made payable to the DHPC) to the DHPC Membership Secretary (see address opposite).
- Bank Transfer: you can pay by Bank Transfer (see details opposite).
- Standing Order: you can pay by setting up a Standing Order for £18 or £5. (£18 - Full Membership / £5 - Limited Membership). There is a £2 discount for paying Full Membership via Standing Order, unfortunately there is no discount for Limited Memberships.
- To pay by PayPal (or Credit Card/Debit Card): please pay by visiting Membership Payments page on the GroupSpaces website and select the appropriate subscription.
- To pay by Cheque: Download and print out this Membership Form for paying by cheque and post the completed form to:
The DHPC Membership Secretary
16 Judith Gardens, Potton, Beds SG19 2RJ
- To pay by Bank Transfer or Standing Order: then please send your payment to:
Account no: 81470965
Sort Code: 40-46-08
Reference: (your Name and BHPA number)
Bank Transfers. Please quote your Name and BHPA number as the reference. Please also email the DHPC Treasurer and advise that you have paid by Bank Transfer. The DHPC Treasurer will mark your membership as paid once receipt of payment has been verified.
Standing Orders. Full Members that pay by Standing Order receive a £2 discount and pay £18. Limited Members (Chinnor / Sharpenhoe / Holmbeck Farm Only) members can also pay by Standing Order, but there is no discount. Please set up Standing Orders for £18 or £5 (according your Membership Option) and set to pay on or around the 1st April. Please also make sure that the Standing Order Reference has your Name and BHPA number, so we know who the payment is from. Please also email the DHPC Treasurer and advise that you have paid by Standing Order.
PLEASE NOTE: If you pay by Standing Order then you can ignore the automatic membership reminder emails that are sent out by our Club in March each year. Your Club Membership is paid automatically by your Bank and they will continue to pay your yearly Standing Order subscription on or around the 1st April each year, until you notify your Bank to stop payment. You DO NOT have to set up another Standing Order every year.